School of Nursing Admission Pathways
Traditional Admission Pathway
- Submit an online application to the BSN program by May 1 (for fall entry) or September 1 (for spring entry) of your sophomore year (or equivalent). All prerequisite courses and supportive requirements must be completed before the first core nursing course begins.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required to apply to the nursing program.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all science courses.
- All applicants are notified by letter of acceptance or rejection.
- All applicants to the BSN program must achieve a score ≥75 in each category of the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (this is completed prior to the application deadline to the BSN program).
- Admission is competitive and is based on a total admission rubric score comprised of the student’s cumulative GPA, cumulative science GPA, and scores on selected components of the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (Reading Comprehension, Math, and Vocabulary/General Knowledge).
- The student is responsible to complete a criminal background investigation, drug screen, health assessment, immunizations and AHA Basic Life Support Certification after acceptance into the nursing major at the student’s expense. Completion is required for the student to start nursing core courses. Information about the Viewpoint Screening service is provided to the student to assist with this process.
Direct Admission Pathway
- Direct admission is offered to incoming Freshman students with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.6 with an ACT score of 23 or SAT score of 1130. Students who opt out of ACT/SAT will be offered direct admission with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.8.
- Students must maintain nursing admission requirements to maintain the direct admission seat.
- Students who fail to meet the requirements necessary to maintain their guaranteed seat in the program can apply through the competitive application process and their admission will be determined based on their rubric score.
- Deadline to apply for direct admission is January 15, prior to the start of the Freshman year at BGSU. Direct admission is only offered for fall start.
Updated: 10/24/2022 09:14AM