Rare Books and Special Collections
Bookplates have been used for centuries by collectors to identify materials in their collections. These decorative labels are often found glued onto endpapers or inside covers. Often the design of the bookplate can tell you much about the individual who owned the book including their personal interests or philosophies. This exhibit is a celebration of bookplates and offers a range of bookplates by style and era. All of the bookplates are courtesy of materials currently housed in the Rare Books Collection located in the Center for Archival Collections.
Welcome to the BGSU Campus Tour! This exhibit was designed to give a view of the growth and development of Bowling Green State University from its founding to today. Buildings are divided into categories based on their function. More photographs of BGSU buildings, past and present, can be found within the University Archives in the Center for Archival Collections.
The Educational Memorabilia Center Collection, honoring Bowling Green State University’s beginnings as a state normal college or teacher training school, features an original one-room school house, the District # 6 school constructed near Norwalk, Ohio in 1875, and donated by the Linder Family to Bowling Green State University. It was moved to campus in 1975. Referred to as the Little Red Schoolhouse, it was officially dedicated in 1976.
In addition to the school building and its period contents, BGSU is home to a substantial collection of educational artifacts including bells, inkwells, slates, textbooks, reference works, and historic documents. The University Libraries’ catalog includes over 3,000 representative volumes spanning both the Nineteenth and Twentieth centuries. Click on the photo to see the gallery.
To see more digital exhibits, please visit the BGSU Digital Gallery.