Family Weekend Schedule of Events
Every weekend can be a "family weekend". If you can't make it to Family Weekend this year or you want to plan a future trip to BGSU, you can find a list of all the events happening on the BGSU Calendar of Events.
Some of the events will require a separate registration or purchase of a ticket to participate and the event descriptions will include further instructions if required. All other events are included in your free Family Weekend registration.
Plan your Stay
Whether you are traveling hundreds of miles or right down the road from your house, the following information will help you plan your Family Weekend visit.
Driving to BG
Bowling Green, Ohio is located near Interstate 75 and U.S. Route 6, on State Route 25. The University is on East Wooster Street between State Route 25 and Interstate 75. It is easily accessible from the Ohio Turnpike via exit 64/4A.
To ensure that you arrive at BGSU on time, we advise that you visit the ODOT website, call 419-373-4471 or call 1-888-2OH-ROAD for updates on any local construction that could delay your trip.
If you arrive by plane, we suggest that you rent a car for transportation or make arrangements for shuttle service. You can book a ride with BG Airport Shuttle or search online for other options in the Bowling Green area.
Airports Near BGSU:
If you are planning on staying overnight as a guest in one of the residence halls, please make sure you and your student are familiar with the guest policies outlined in the Community Living Standards before your arrival. As a guest, you must be accompanied by your student at all times in the residence halls, as an overnight guest or just visiting.
- Best Western Falcon Plaza Motel | 0.8 miles | 4 minute drive
- Days Inn - Bowling Green | 1.4 miles | 5 minute drive
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - Bowling Green | 1.4 miles | 5 minute drive
- Hampton Inn - Bowling Green | 1 mile | 5 minute drive
- Hampton Inn - Toledo-Perrysburg | 16.2 miles | 20 minute drive
- Holiday Inn Express | 1.8 miles | 6 minute drive
- Fire Lake Camper Park | 5.8 miles | 11 minute drive
Arrival & Check-in
We are excited for your arrival! Please use the following instructions to ensure a smooth check-in process.
- To ensure that you arrive at BGSU on time, we advise that you visit the ODOT website, call 419-373-4471 or call 1-888-2OH-ROAD for updates on any local construction that could delay your trip. Please review the Plan your Stay section on this page for assistance with your travel and accommodations.
- When you arrive, head to the Bowen-Thompson Student Union and park in parking lot 7.
- You will receive a parking pass at check-in if you are arriving on Friday between 3-7 p.m. Otherwise, parking lots will be open to guests through the duration of Family Weekend.
- Check-in will take place from 3-9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8 and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Oct. 9 and will take place in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union Multipurpose Room.
- At check-in you will be greeted by the Office of Parent, Family and New Student Connections and they will be able to answer any questions you have about Family Weekend.
- You will receive your welcome bag which will include:
- Family Weekend Event Schedule
- Campus Map
- Event Tickets*
- Family Weekend T-shirt if purchased by Thursday, Oct. 7.
*Family Weekend is free. However, some of the events will require a separate registration and may require the purchase of a ticket to participate. Ticket purchase options and registration requirements will be provided on the individual events listed in our Schedule of Events.