Arts & Sciences Council
Advisory Role of Council
The primary role of Arts and Sciences Council is to act in an advisory capacity to the Dean on any matter involving the activities and responsibilities of the College of Arts and Sciences. They include the following.
- Explore and study the issues facing higher education in general and the College of Arts and Sciences in particular.
- Foster cooperation among College faculty and academic units and a collective commitment to the multidimensional mission of the College.
- Foster respect among College faculty for diversity among the missions of academic units within the College.
- Respond to requests from the Dean for recommendations regarding policy and procedural issues.
- Review and make recommendations on all new graduate degrees and graduate programs and any other curricular issue as requested by the Dean.
|ARTS & SCIENCES COUNCIL|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Lee Nickoson||2021||Chair-Elect|
|Math & Science||Dr. Juan Bouzat||2019||Past Chair|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Vibha Bhalla
|Social Sciences||Dr. Lisa Hanasono||2019||At-large|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Danielle Kuhl||2021|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Amy Robinson
|Arts & Humanities||Ms. Janet Ballweg||2020|
|Math & Science||Dr. Kit Chan||2020||At-large (sub for Nardone-FIL)|
|Math & Science||Dr. Carol Heckman||2021|
|Rep. Council of Chairs||Dr. Amilcar Challu||2021|
|Non Tenure Track Faculty||Dr. Ian Young
|Graduate Student Rep.|
|Undergraduate Student Rep.|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Dale Klopfer|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Ted Rippey|
|Ex-officio||Mr. Marcus Sherrell|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Dena Eber|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Phil Dickinson|
|Friday||September 21||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||October 19||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||November 30||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||December 21||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||January 25||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||February 22||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||March 29||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||April 26||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|