Tuition, Costs, and Financial Aid
Tuition and Fees
Any questions about tuition and fees should be directed to BGSU's Office of the Bursar. For 2017-2018, the MA in
English online programs are in the Distance Learning campus, and the
basic costs are:
- Tuition (instructional fee):
- $434.50 per credit
- $434.50 per credit hour.
- Non-resident fee for Distance
- $11 per credit hour for students who are
not residents of Ohio (including international students).
- $11 per credit hour for students who are not residents of Ohio (including international students).
- General fee for Distance Learning
- $15.30 per credit hour.
- Technology fee for Distance Learning programs:
- $13 per credit hour.
- Career Services fee:
- $3 per credit hour.
- $8 per semester.
Student Service fee:
- $50 per semester for international
- $50 per semester for international students only.
Please note: Most graduate students in our program enroll part-time in 1 or 2 three-credit-hour courses per semester for a total of 3 to 6 credit hours per semester. Taking 3 courses per semester (9 credit hours) is considered full-time for graduate students; on rare occasions a full-time student might take 4 courses in a single semester (12 credit hours).
The cost of enrolling in one 3-credit hour class in a single semester is therefore:
- Ohio resident: $1,405.40
- Non-Ohio resident: $1,438.40
- International student: $1,488.40
The above costs are as of the Department of English's last review of the BGSU tuition schedule and apply to students enrolled in one of the MA in English online programs.
For details about your costs, you can use a few resources:
- BGSU's Office of the Bursar.
- BGSU Tuition and Fees 2017-2018. Not all fees listed in the Tuition and Fee schedule apply to students in the MA in English online program, which is part of the Distance Learning system (page 4 of the Tuition and Fee Schedule). Non-degree-seeking students or students in a Main Campus face-to-face degree program who are taking online courses are assessed the Main Campus tuition and fee rates (page 3 of the Tuition and Fee Schedule).
- Calculate Your Cost of Attendance Tool. In the "Choose Your Campus" drop-down menu, Students in the MA in English online programs should select "Distance Campuses." Non-degree-seeking students should select "Main Campus."
Please note: the Calculate Your Cost of Attendance tool tells you the tuition and fees for a single semester. If you put in the entire program's credit hours (31 hours) it will assume you are asking about taking 31 credit hours in a single semester, and thus will not return an accurate calculation.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
The online MA programs do not offer graduate assistantships; students are responsible for all tuition and fees. However, financial aid and awards information can be found at the following sites:
BGSU Office of Student Financial Aid
- BGSU Graduate College Fellowships, Scholarships, and Awards
Graduate College Financial Aid information
- Directory of Graduate Scholarships (Links outside BGSU; Online PhD Programs website)
International Students should look here:
- BGSU Office of International Student Services
- BGSU International Student Services list of Scholarships