Major in International Studies
INTERNATIONAL STUDIES MAJOR REQUIREMENTS (36-45 hours)
- INST 2000 Introduction to International Studies
- INST 2100/COMM 2100 Communicating in Global Contexts
- HIST 1510 World Civilizations I OR HIST 1520 World Civilizations II
- POLS 1710 Introduction to Comparative Government OR POLS 1720 Introduction to International Relations
- GEOG 1210 World Geography: Eurasia & Africa OR GEOG 1220 World Geography: Americas & the Pacific
- ECON 2000 Introduction to Economics OR ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics AND ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics
- INST 3000 International Studies: Theories
- INST 4000 Senior Seminar in International Studies
Foreign Language Requirement
- Demonstrated proficiency at the intermediate high level (OPI) OR
- 2 courses at the 3000-level in a foreign language OR
- Major/Minor in a foreign language
Education Abroad (minimum of 3 hours). To be earned through an education abroad program of at least 4 weeks duration. A full year or semester program is strongly recommended
Three elective courses that form a coherent focus in one region, discipline, or area of career interest. View list of suggested focus areas.
A minor is also required (usually 18-21 hours).
General Education Requirements set by the College of Arts and Sciences in;
- English Composition
- Foreign Language
- Natural Science
- Social Sciences
- Arts & Humanities
is also required.
View International Studies Checksheet for a complete list of General and Major requirements.