Department of Architecture and Environmental Design
The Bachelor of Science in Architecture program strives to balance the development of technical knowledge and skills with the cultivation of professional values, entrepreneurial and leadership abilities necessary for success in our knowledge and innovation-based economy.
The program utilizes a quality-driven approach for graduate and undergraduate education – a pedagogical model that is structured to cultivate professional competency through advanced studies and research in the areas of history/theory, structures, environmental and construction technology, urbanism, sustainable design, digital media and entrepreneurship as equally important components of the discipline. This approach is based on learning outcomes and the conviction that broad-based inquiry and analysis yield the greatest benefit for our community and profession as well as our students.
The mission of the architecture program is to pursue the convergence of technical and liberal arts to inspire and empower students to enhance the built environment. Discovery, teaching, engagement, and service is well defined in the program’s curriculum and is aligned with the University's and College’s mission to provide educational experiences inside and outside the classroom as well as providing a culture of applied research and professional service.
- Urban Studies
- Historic Preservation
- Computer Applications in Architecture
- Sustainable Design & Construction
- Design Entrepreneurship
- Our cooperative education program provides the opportunity to apply their skills in a real-world setting
- Job placement is at 100% after graduation
- State-of-the-art facility with new studios, materials and reference library, lecture room, and gallery
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) Organization