Accelerated BS to Master of Architecture Program Policy
Please see the Graduate College’s Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program webpage and official Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Policy for information pertaining to all Accelerated Programs.
Students interested in pursuing the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BSARCH) to Master of Architecture (MARCH) program plan in Architecture must complete the following application requirements:
1. By the start of the student’s Accelerated status, they must have either:
- 75 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.2, or
- 90 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.0;
2. A completed Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Application;
3. Official transcripts from all universities attended;
4. At least one letter of recommendation from a full-time BGSU faculty member, preferably from graduate faculty within the student’s major or targeted graduate program;
5. An electronic portfolio which highlights a minimum of four projects with a range of complexity representing work over the student’s undergraduate career. The portfolio must be submitted in PDF format and is limited to 5 MB.
Accelerated BSARCH to MARCH Program Plan
Students enrolled in the Accelerated BSARCH to MARCH should follow the following course schedule for planning out graduate work that begins while still enrolled as an undergraduate student, followed by the courses taken when fully enrolled as a graduate student in the MARCH program. In order to complete this plan in an accelerated format (4 years undergraduate + 1 1/2 year graduate) one should complete all 27 credits in design studios and the remaining 25 credits distributed among required professional, business, technology, and history/theory requirements, with a total of 52 graduate credits.
Undergraduate Accelerated Status (limited to 9 credits maximum)
Courses that may be taken while an undergraduate student with Undergraduate Accelerated Status that will overlap between the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (choose three):
ARCH 6510: Sustainability Systems
ARCH 6530: Codes and Regulations
ARCH 6610: Professional Practice/Entrepreneurship
ARCH 6800: Seminar in Architecture and Design
Graduate Accelerated Status
Courses to be taken once the bachelor’s degree has been completed and the student is fully enrolled as a graduate student in the Master of Architecture program:
Any courses not taken in the list above while in Undergraduate Accelerated Status
ARCH 6210: Graduate Design Studio 1
ARCH 6220: Graduate Design Studio 2
ARCH 6310: Graduate Design Studio 3
ARCH 6630: Applied Entrepreneurship
ARCH 6620: Business Innovation by Design
Two MBA courses by advising
One Free Elective by advising
ARCH 6320: Graduate Design Studio 4
 For the purposes of this policy, BGSU GPA is calculated based on BGSU credits only. However, credits transferred into BGSU may be counted as part of credit hours earned (not GPA).