BGSU offers DocuSign for eSignature needs
DocuSign, a 3rd party cloud-based application, is BGSU's electronic signature solution, allowing users to configure, send, and sign electronic documents securely. DocuSign’s functionality is not limited to signatures - the application can route a document through a pre-configured set of steps (or workflow) to free up employee time by automating paper processes and allow signers a more direct path to submit forms.
Access to use DocuSign for university business is free for faculty members and staff; however, DocuSign charges a per-use fee for ‘additional authentication’ methods. Signing documents electronically is free for students, parents, university employees, non-employees, etc.
The following lists will help you determine if your signature process is a good fit for DocuSign.
Top reasons to use DocuSign:
- Repeatable, standardized process
- Ability to track real-time routing status
- Ensures secure, legal electronic signing both inside and outside of BGSU
Top reasons not to use DocuSign:
- Documents require significant editing or comments
- Routing requires complex role or recipient flexibility
- Signature needs to appear as if it were hand-written – cannot have authentication trail
The goal of using DocuSign is to enhance and streamline the form submission process for the end-user, while reducing cost through efficiencies and removing administrative burdens that are integral in paper form processing.