Bowling Green State University is happy to offer faculty and staff EduRisk information security training through the Bridge online training platform. The training is comprised of five different modules covering a variety of topics such as malware and phishing. Modules can be accessed multiple times and completed at the user's preferred pace; Bridge will remember where you left off when you last accessed the specific training.
*These trainings are based on general best practices, and while the majority are applicable, they are not specifically tailored to BGSU. If you come across something that is contradictory to BGSU policy, please contact ITS for clarification.
Login with your BGSU username and password.
EduRisk Information Security Training
EduRisk's information security training modules are designed to provide users with a high-level overview of common data security issues. The program is comprised of virtual courses and quizzes to help institutions educate their users and avoid data breaches.
- Understand scammers' motives and why they target institutions.
- Learn how to stay vigilant when using BGSU email and be mindful of inadvertant disclosures.
- How to seek help if the user believes their account has been compromised as a result of a phishing scam or malware attack.
- How to identify various types of malware and malware delivery.
- Understand that malware and ransomware is an increasing threat.
- Identify best practices for using and storing passwords, how to create a strong password and the importance of using unique passwords for different accounts.
- Understand password managers and how to use them.
- Recognize to use cloud services only when compliant with University policies.
- Awareness of the risks associated with device theft while traveling.
- How to prevent unauthorized access to secured buildings, physical files and electronic devices.
- Recognize the importance of keeping mobile software up-to-date.
- Understand the benefits of Two Factor Authentication.