Call for Proposals
The Ohio Higher Education Computing Council (OHECC) fosters communication between higher education IT professionals across the state. Our annual conference is an opportunity for colleges and universities to share IT strategies that work so ideas can be transferred to other campuses to improve education for students across Ohio and beyond.
The 2019 OHECC conference is hosted by Bowling Green State University and will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn and Home2 Suites in Perrysburg, OH on May 22-24, 2019.
Proposals for presentation topics for the May conference will be accepted through March 29, 2019. Submitted proposals will be evaluated and notifications will be made regarding proposals in early April.
2019 OHECC Conference Theme
Soaring with Technology
2019 OHECC Conference Tracks
- Track 1: Showcase Presentation (with or without a vendor) - Highlight your greatest achievements and/or proudest moments.
- Track 2: Accessibility & Inclusion - OCR agreements, policies, web updates, LMS proofing, accommodations, transitioning to a more open culture, etc.
- Track 3: Cybersecurity - New State of Ohio Cyber Range, cybersecurity certifications and courses, workforce development, protecting our customers, etc.
- Track 4: Classroom Technology - AV, standard classroom configuration, active learning, lecture capture, telepresence, Spark, etc.
- Track 5: Enterprise Content and E-signatures - Document processing, process improvements, e-signatures, electronic contracts, archiving, cloud providers, etc.
- Track 6: Service Desk - Outsourcing, cloud providers, staying on campus, new ticketing systems, etc.
- Next Generation Technologies - AI, 4D, 3D printing, visual graphics, AR, VR, eSports, etc.
Standard Presentation Session (1-2 people)
A focused, interactive session is encouraged with clear objectives and learning outcomes for the audience.
Standard Presentation Session with Vendor (1-3 people)
Similar to the standard presentation but will include speakers from a college/university and a vendor discussing work on which they have collaborated. Note that the college/university must actually submit the proposal and submissions with the vendor listed as the lead presenter on the proporsal will not be accepted.
Panel Session (3 people)
Rather than a series of short, individual presentations, panel sessions should be genuinely interactive among the panelists, and between the panelists and the audience. The panelists can develop different perspectives or discuss various aspects of the topic.
Roundtable discussions will be moderated on predetermined topics.
Abstract text 100 words or less
March 29, 2019: Contributed Paper, Panel Session, Preconference, and Workshop proposals due
Early April: Evaluation of proposals and notifications
Evaluation of Proposals
Each proposal will be reviewed by a minimum of two OHECC steering committee members who will recommend one of the following options: 1) acceptance 2) revision 3) rejection. The reviewers will provide feedback to rejected proposals.
The reviewers will examine and evaluate proposals in these areas:
- Clear connection between the title of the session and its content (titles should be less than 10 words written to compel and attract an interdisciplinary audience, and to align with our session content)
- Significance and relevance of the topic for this conference
- Clarity and value of the objectives for the session
- Expressed learning outcomes for attendees
Acceptance of Proposals
The presenters of all accepted proposals are to give confirmation of their attendance and pay for conference registration no later than April 18. Note that presenters are responsible for their own conference registration fee, travel, and lodging.
We will use the copy in your proposal to create the abstracts that will be used in the conference app. Therefore, it is very important that careful consideration is given to the original submission. We reserve the right to edit copy if space limitations apply.
Presenters are asked to fully participate in the entire conference and attend sessions and events.
Presenters whose registration fee is not received by April 18 may be deleted from the conference schedule of sessions and program booklet.