Renovated Moseley Hall re-opens as Science Complex
Moseley Hall opened for business at the start of the Fall Semester 2017. The extensively renovated Moseley Hall contains laboratory classrooms for the departments of Geology, Chemistry, Biology and Medical Lab Science.
Moseley Hall was the original science building on the BGSU campus. The building is named for Edwin Lincoln Moseley, the first science professor at Bowling Green Normal School (1914). Dr. Moseley was a distinguished naturalist known for studying the botany of northwest Ohio. He also investigated buried pre-glacial valleys in the Sandusky area.
Introductory Geology labs will be taught in this newly renovated space, as will other courses in departments under the School of Earth, Environment and Society (S.E.E.S.). Hanna Hall, long the home of our Geography Department, is the new home for the BGSU Schmidthorst College of Business. Eventually, we hope to have the three units under S.E.E.S.—Geology, Geography and Environment and Sustainability—in contiguous space.