OhioLINK experiences delivery delays
Since July 1, the OhioLINK system has experienced delays in delivery due to a transition in courier vendor. There have been improvements in the overall turnaround time but, some requests are still experiencing delays. While this is not usual for OhioLINK materials, delivery times are estimated at taking a few weeks comparing to the standard time of a few days.
If you find that you need your resources faster, here are some alternatives
- Visiting Patron checkout - with your BGSU ID you can check out books at any participating OhioLINK institution including University of Toledo, University of Findlay, Lourdes College, Owens Community College, and many others
- Reserves - Your textbook may be on reserve which means you can use it in the building. Faculty can also put personal or library owned items on reserve using this form
- Special Collections - items with the status "Library Use Only" are available to use in the library when the collection is open
- Interlibrary Loan - if you only need a chapter, you can do an "article request" and, if it is available, a scan will be sent to you
- Individual research appointments - Book a time with a librarian who may be able to help you find alternative resources
These delays are temporary, and we will get back to the normal delivery time as the courier builds capacity. Everything possible is being done to ensure that these delays do not continue. We hope you continue to use the OhioLINK service. For questions, please contact email@example.com or call 419-372-2051.
Updated: 06/05/2023 09:16AM