Need help enrolling?
The Office of Human Resources is available to answer questions and assist you with enrolling during normal business hours. For assistance, please call 419-372-8421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to answer your questions or set up a virtual meeting to assist you with your enrollment.
Key Points to Review:
- If you want to participate in a Flexible Spending Account(FSA) or a Health Savings Account(HSA) for 2022, the IRS requires that you elect that plan and select the amount you would like to contribute each year. Any elections from 2021 will NOT continue in 2022 unless you make new elections.
- All plans you are currently enrolled in for 2021 will continue for 2022 if you do not make new elections, other than the FSA and HSA. Any FSA or HSA enrollments for 2021 will NOT continue for 2022 unless you re-enroll.
- Don't forget, BGSU offers three voluntary benefit options through Aflac. For plan information and pricing, please see the Voluntary Benefits tab in the Benefits Section of the web site. For more information, view the voluntary benefits.
- If you are adding dependents to your 2022 coverage that have not been covered during 2021, you must submit the required proof of eligibility (in English) to the Office of Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on November 19, 2021. No late documents will be accepted, and those dependents will not be covered for 2022.
- If you elect life insurance or long-term disability that requires Evidence of Insurability (the system will let you know when you enroll), you must submit the completed forms to the Office of Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on November 19, 2021. No late documents will be accepted, and will not be considered for the additional coverage for 2022.
- Information regarding all of the plans and corresponding employee contributions can be located in each section of the Benefits portion of the OHR website. Please review all information prior to making your selections for 2022.
- Open Enrollment is a great time to check your life insurance beneficiaries to make sure they are up to date. Remember you need to check both Basic Life and Supplemental/Optional Life as both plans have beneficiary options and must both be completed separately.
- To enroll, login to MyBGSU, click on the Employee Tab and then Benefits Enrollment on the left-hand side. Also, please remember to submit your enrollment and print a confirmation statement for your records! Review your confirmation statement to make sure your selections are correct, as no changes can be made after November 19, 2021 unless you have a qualifying Life Event.
- If you need assistance enrolling, please email email@example.com or call the Office of Human Resources during normal business hours so that we can assist you.
Spousal Form - Required to be completed annually to cover your spouse on a BGSU medical plan:
If you are covering a spouse on your medical insurance, you are required to complete an Employee Spousal Form annually. This form can be located in the Benefits Section of the website under the Health & Prescription tab. To be considered for 2022, the form must be completed after 10/1/2021 and before 5:00 p.m. on November 19, 2021.
If your spouse works full-time outside of BGSU, your spouse and their employer MUST complete the form and it must be received in the Office of Human Resources by the November 19th deadline or it's not considered received and your spouse WILL NOT be covered. To begin completing the form for a spouse working full-time outside of BGSU, you will need your spouse's email and the email of their employer. It is your responsibility to make sure all sections are complete prior to the deadline. View the Spousal Form information.