Katzner Graduate Student Research and Professional Development
- Fall Semester – October 1, 2023 (Fall awards may be used for expenditures incurred during the Fall 2023 and SPring 2024 semesters)
- Spring Semester – March 1, 2024 (Spring awards may be used for expenditures incurred during the Spring 2024 and Summer 2024 semesters)
The Graduate College is pleased to announce an outstanding funding opportunity for graduate students at BGSU.
In early 1998, after 13 years as Vice Provost for Research and Dean of the Graduate College, Dr. Louis Katzner decided to return to what attracted him to higher education in the first place – the study and teaching of philosophy. One of his top priorities during his tenure as the Graduate Dean was to increase the support available to graduate students for conducting research and for professional development. We are most grateful to Dr. Louis Katzner, Trustee Professor of Philosophy, for creating this opportunity to invest in the education of our graduate students.
The Katzner Award can be used to supplement the cost of graduate student research and professional development activities for graduate students at Bowling Green State University. Each semester, three awards will be granted ($1000, $750, and $500).
Awards Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Any fully admitted graduate student who is currently enrolled at BGSU and in good academic standing is eligible to apply.
- Students requesting funds must have an approved thesis, project, or dissertation topic on file.
- Allowable budget requests include:
- Research related materials and supplies
- Photocopies of required materials (surveys, forms, etc.)
- Equipment and/or repair of equipment that is essential for the project
- Incentives to human subjects, if justified.
- Non-allowable expenses include:
- Direct financial support of the applicant
- Clerical and research assistants, transcribers or consultants
- Routine office materials and general office supplies, standard lab materials, chemicals and glassware
- Cameras and camcorders, cell phones, local telephone costs, computer software or hardware
- All equipment and non-disposable materials obtained with these funds will become the property of Bowling Green State University and returned to the student’s department.
- Application for the award:
- No application will be considered for funding retroactively.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered for funding.
- Each application will be considered on an individual basis according to each student’s circumstances, and it is the responsibility of the student to ensure the application is complete and submitted by the deadline.
- Selection of the recipients will be made by the Graduate College Awards Committee appointed by the Dean of the Graduate College.
- Students may receive only one award from the Katzner Fund during the course of their graduate career.
Questions should be directed to Alexia Coffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note, requests for travel funding to present at a conference are best suited for GSS FPD.
Updated: 08/28/2023 03:19PM