The following professional development resources are available for BGSU graduate students.
- ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences. Humanities and social sciences Ph.D. students and their mentors have long recognized the need for more resources to help bridge the knowledge gap between doctoral education and the realm of career possibilities. ImaginePhD is designed to meet this need by allowing users to:
o assess their career-related skills, interests, and values
o explore careers paths appropriate to their disciplines
o create self-defined goals
o map out next steps for career and professional development success
- iBiology’s mission is to convey, in the form of open-access free videos, the excitement of modern biology and the process by which scientific discoveries are made. Our aim is to let you meet the leading scientists in biology, so that you can find out how they think about scientific questions and conduct their research, and can get a sense of their personalities, opinions, and perspectives. We also seek to support educators who want to incorporate materials that illustrate the process and practice of science into their curriculum. We offer professional development talks, professional development courses, and career exploration.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- All students and staff can gain access to the National Center for Development and Diversity’s resources and webinars by registering with their BGSU Credentials
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
BGSU’s Center for Faculty Excellence
- For assistance with teaching at BGSU, including the use of Canvas, you can access the Center for Faculty Excellence website. This site includes resources for BGSU graduate students including workshops you are welcome to attend.
- Center for Faculty Excellence
BGSU’s Career Center
- Our Career Center team strives to engage, educate, and empower by providing high-quality services in career development, planning and preparation, experiential learning, and job attainment.
- BGSU Career Center
Updated: 09/15/2023 11:05AM