Center for Photochemical Sciences
The Center for Photochemical Sciences, established in 1985, evolved from research activities of faculty in the Department of Chemistry at Bowling Green State University to make more effective use of focused resources in the photochemical sciences by assembling teams of scientists collaborating in an interactive, interdisciplinary research setting.
Center members include BGSU faculty from the Departments of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, and Biological Sciences. Its unifying intellectual theme focuses on the study of the interaction of light with physical, chemical, and biological systems, and on the quest for practical applications of that basic knowledge, which stimulate new technology. The Center serves to expand the synergy of research, teaching, and applications in the photochemical sciences.
Goals and Objectives
- To conduct research across displinary boundaries.
- To prepare students and professionals for careers in industry and academia.
- To support established technological business through consultation and collaboration, particularly in our immediate locale, and to support the development of new business based on photoscience.
- To serve as a resource center and transfer knowledge to those outside the Center.
- Strong interaction on regional, state, and national levels with industries whose research, development and product initiatives involve the photochemical sciences.
- A distinguished scientific advisory board composed of leaders in the photosciences from industry and academia who participate in policy, planning, and establishment of long-range goals for the Center.
- Research collaborations at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
All seminars will be held in Overman Hall 123 at 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
October 15, 2014
Samuel Thomas-Tufts University
October 22, 2014
Jason Benedict- University of Buffalo
October 29, 2014
Jon Sprague-Ohio AG Center for Future of Forensic Science, BGSU
November 5, 2014
Katherine Franz-Duke University
November 21, 2014
Cassandra Fraser - University of Virginia
December 3, 2014
December 10, 2014
Stephen Maldonado-University of Michigan
- BGSU undergrads make strides in photochemical sciences. August 28, 2014
- Graduate student Sergey Matveev receives the 2014 McMaster Graduate Research Fellowship. April 28, 2014
- Professor Mikhail Zamkov receives Olscamp Research Award. April 25, 2014
- New organic chemistry lab hosts open house. September 26, 2013
- Ground broken for new Bureau of Criminal Investigation laboratory at BGSU. July 24, 2013
- Forensic science specialization to be offered at BGSU. March 25, 2013
- Alumni honors Dr. Tom Kinstle for fueling his energy research. January 28, 2013
- SPIE highlights Doug Neckers as a pioneer in stereolithography. January 15, 2013