DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
B.A., Rice University;
M.A., Ph.D., University of Houston, 1992
Phone: (419) 372-0282
Office: Room 246,Psychology Building
- Psychology of religion and spirituality, especially as it
applies to marriage, parenting, sexuality, divorce, the transition
to parenthood, and other aspects of family life
- Psychology of religion and applications to family life
Taking Grad Students? Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research? Occasionally
Sign up at no cost for RELATIONAL SPIRITUALITY: ADVANCING 21st CENTURY SCIENCE ON FAITH IN DIVERSE FAMILIES symposium on March 12, 2013.
For more information on research that I conduct with colleagues and students at BGSU on Relational Spirituality, please go to our The Psychology of Spirituality and Family Relationships website. This website features scientific research on the helpful and harmful roles that religion and spirituality can play in family and intimate relationships, with a special focus on our in-depth study on the transition to parenthood.
See Spring 2013 edition of BGSU Magazine for an article titled State of American Families that features our work on spirituality and family life.
Call for Papers: Call for Papers for a Special Section of the Journal of Family Psychology: Spirituality and Religion in Family Life. Editors: Annmarie Cano and Annette Mahoney. This special section of the Journal of Family Psychology aims to stimulate the breadth and depth of rigorous scientific studies on the interface of faith and family life. Submit manuscripts through the Journal of Family Psychology portal no later than May 3, 2013
See attached CV CV PDF
- PSYC 1010: General Psychology
- PSYC 3080: Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 4060: Developmental Psychopathology
- PSYC 6090/6100: Basic Clinical Skills
- PSYC 7090: Advanced Clinical Research & Practice
- PSYC 7800/7810: Advanced Child & Family Psychological Assessment
- PSYC 7800/7810: Advanced Child & Family Therapy