Department of Construction Management
The Bachelor of Science in Construction Management program prepares students for leadership and management roles in the rapidly expanding field of construction. It is the offspring of the marriage of the architecture, engineering, and business professions.
The construction management curriculum is a combination of architecture, engineering, and business courses. Students are given a blend of course work and real-life experience including academic work in the classroom, application of concepts in laboratory workshop, and cooperative education experiences with construction businesses. Students learn blueprint reading, building material properties, math, quantity take off, structural analysis, computer applications, cost estimating, scheduling, surveying, safety, contracts, problem solving, people and networking, management and leadership skills.
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
Companies that employ our graduates
- Turner Construction
- Lathrop Company
- Rudolph Libbe Companies
- Cleveland Construction
- Marous Brothers Construction
- Kokosing Construction
- Kiewit Corporation
- BGSU’s construction management program is one of only three in Ohio and 73 nationwide that is accredited by the ACCE.
- Students are required to have three co-ops. The construction management program maintains a strong connection with the industry for co-op opportunities and employment after graduation.
- Job placement is at 100% after graduation.
- The Student Construction Management Association (SCMA) is a student organization managed by construction management majors.
Graduate Areas of Study
|Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's of Technology Management (Specializing in Construction)|