Accelerated ENGT to MTM-ENGT Program Policy
Please see the Graduate College’s Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program webpage and official Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Policy for information pertaining to all Accelerated Programs.
Students interested in pursuing the Accelerated BS in Engineering Technology program plan to the Master of Technology Management in Engineering Technology must complete the following application requirements:
1. By the start of the student’s Accelerated status, they must have either:
- 75 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.2, or
- 90 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.0;
2. A completed Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Application;
3. Official transcripts from all universities attended;
4. At least one letter of recommendation from a full-time BGSU faculty member, preferably from graduate faculty within the student’s major or targeted graduate program.
Accelerated ENGT to MTM-ENGT Program Plan
Students enrolled in the Accelerated ENGT to MTM-ENGT should follow the following course schedule for planning out graduate work that begins while still enrolled as an undergraduate student, followed by the courses taken when fully enrolled as a graduate student in the MTM-ENGT program. In order to complete this plan in an accelerated format, it is strongly recommended that students choose the Plan II option (non-thesis). Students who choose the thesis option should expect the completion of their master’s degree program to take longer than an additional extra (5th) year.
Undergraduate Accelerated Status (limited to 9 credits maximum)
Courses that may be taken while an undergraduate student with Undergraduate Accelerated Status that will overlap between the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees:
TECH 6040 Technology of Concurrent Engineering (3)
TECH 6500 Seminar in Renewable Technologies (3)
TECH 6800 Seminar in Technology (3)