Accelerated BSBA to MS in Analytics Program Policy
Please see the Graduate College’s Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program webpage and official Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Policy for information pertaining to all Accelerated Programs.
Students interested in pursuing the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Specialization in Business Analytics and Intelligence (BSBA) to Master of Science in Analytics (MSA) program plan must complete the following application requirements:
1. By the start of the student’s Accelerated status, they must have either:
- 75 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.2, or
- 90 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.0;
2. A completed Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Application;
3. Official transcripts from all universities attended;
4. At least two letters of recommendation. One must be from a full-time BGSU faculty member, preferably from graduate faculty within the student’s major or targeted graduate program;
5. Official scores from the GRE or the GMAT. This may be waived for applicants with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
6. Statement of Purpose describing how the MSA program aligns with applicant’s professional objectives.
7. Current resume outlining educational background, leadership activities, community services, work experience, and any awards or honors.
8. Prior completion of a computer programming course or a plan to complete a programming course during the completion of the undergraduate BSBA degree.
Accelerated BSBA to MSA Program Plan
Students enrolled in the Accelerated BSBA to MSA program should follow the following course schedule for planning out graduate work that begins while still enrolled as an undergraduate student, followed by the courses taken when fully enrolled as a graduate student in the MSA program. The MSA Program is a Plan II master’s program requiring completion of a capstone course (MSA 6703).
Undergraduate Accelerated Status (limited to 9 credits maximum)
Courses that may be taken while an undergraduate student with Undergraduate Accelerated Status (choose three):
MSA 5020 Regression Analysis
MSA 5160 Time Series Analysis
MSA 5400 Database Management
MSA 5600 Business Intelligence
MSA 6440 Data Mining
Graduate Accelerated Status
Courses to be taken once the bachelor’s degree has been completed and the student is fully enrolled as a graduate student in the Master of Science in Analytics program:
Any courses not taken in the list above while in Undergraduate Accelerated Status
MSA 5470 Exploratory Data Analysis
MSA 6010 Decision Optimization
MSA 6701 Analytics Project I
MSA 6500 Big Data Analytics
MSA 6702 Analytics Project II
MSA 6450 Advanced Data Analytics
MSA 6600 Project Management
MSA 6703 Analytics Project III
 For the purposes of this policy, BGSU GPA is calculated based on BGSU credits only. However, credits transferred into BGSU may be counted as part of credit hours earned (not GPA).