The BGSU Department of History has a proud and recognized tradition of excellence in graduate studies in history. Our current programs focus on the training of graduate students to meet professional needs in K-12 education, higher education, cultural heritage institutions and other areas.
The Department offers a Certificate in Public History (offered jointly with the American Culture Studies Program), a Certificate in History for Educators and Professionals, two options of the M.A. in History and three dual M.A. degrees in history/language.
Highlights of the program include:
- A small, selective program where students work closely with nationally and internationally known scholars.
- A stipend of $10,500 in the 2017-18 academic year for students admitted with funding, plus tuition scholarships and opportunities for summer support.
- An outstanding placement system and a strong record of placing graduates.
- Support for student travel to present papers at professional meetings and to conduct archival research.
- Availability of online graduate courses.