ERIC F. DUBOW
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Ph.D., 1985: University of Illinois at Chicago (Clinical and Developmental Psychology)
B.A., 1980: Columbia University, (Psychology)
Office: Room 239, Psychology Building
- Effects of exposure to violence across social contexts (ethnic-political, community, family and school) on children and adolescents
- Development of aggression from childhood to adulthood and across generations
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of school-based interventions to prevent problems and promote social competence
- Collaboration with community and county agencies on needs assessments and program evaluation projects
- School-Based Promotion of Coping with Stressors in Childhood
- School-Based Promotion of Coping with Traumatic Stressors in Adolescence
Taking Grad Students? Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research? Yes
Boxer, P., Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., Landau, S., Gvirsman, S., Shikaki, K., & Ginges, J. (in press). Exposure to violence across the social ecosystem and the development of aggression: A test of ecological theory in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Child Development.
Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., & Yang, G. (in press). Why it is hard to believe that media violence causes aggression. In K. E. Dill (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Media Psychology.
Dubow, E. F., Huesmann, L. R., Boxer, Landau, S., Dvir, S., Shikaki, K., & Ginges, J. (2012). Exposure to political conflict and violence and post-traumatic stress in Middle East youth: Protective factors. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 41, 402-416.
Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., Boxer, P., Souweidane, V., & Ginges, J. (2012). Foreign wars and domestic prejudice: How media exposure to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict predicts ethnic stereotyping by Jewish and Arab American adolescents. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 22, 556-570.
Dubow, E. F., & Rubinlicht, M. (2011). Coping. In B. B. Brown, & M. J. Prinstein (Eds.), Encyclopedia of adolescence, Volume 3 (pp. 109-118). San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
Dubow, E. F., Huesmann, L. R., & Boxer, P. (2009). A social-cognitive-ecological framework for understanding the impact of exposure to persistent ethnic-political violence on children’s psychosocial adjustment. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 12, 113-126.
Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., & Boxer, P. (2009). Continuity of childhood, adolescent, and early adulthood aggression as predictors of adult criminality and life outcomes: Implications for the adolescent-limited and life-course-persistent models. Aggressive Behavior, 35, 136-149.
Dubow, E. F., Boxer, P., & Huesmann, L. R. (2009). Long-term effects of parents’ education on children’s educational and occupational success: Mediation by family interactions, child aggression, and teenage aspirations. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 55, 224-249.
Kokko, K., Pulkkinen, L., Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., & Boxer, P. (2009). Intensity of aggression in childhood as a predictor of different forms of adult aggression: A two-country (Finland and United States) analysis. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 19, 9-34.
D ubow, E. F., Boxer, P., & Huesmann, L. R. (2008). Childhood and adolescent predictors of early and middle adulthood alcohol use and problem drinking: The Columbia County Longitudinal Study. Addiction, 103, 36-47.
- PSYC 7090: Advanced Clinical Research and Practice (Preventive Interventions)
- PSYC 7810: Clinical Symposium
- PSYC 1010: General Psychology