Applying for Admission/Assistantship
BGSU uses an all-electronic application system. Apply online. There, you will:
- upload electronic scans of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (Note: after admission, you will need to send BGSU official paper transcripts from each institution where you earned a degree.)
- upload a statement of purpose
- list three faculty or professionals who can upload a letter of recommendation in support of your application; the application system will contact them by email.
- if you choose to submit a GRE score, send it to BGSU using Institution Code: 1069.
- international students, list your TOEFL or IELTS scores. Have TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to BGSU (Note: students from certain countries or with a master's degree from the US are exempt, see this link).
- pay a non-refundable application fee ($45 domestic, $75 international)
- indicate your interest in being considered for a teaching assistantship (Note: Assistantship decisions are made in February/March, and offers go out shortly after that.)
- indicate the program you wish to pursue:
- Master of Arts in Mathematics, choose Mathematics - MA
- MA specialization in Statistics, choose Mathematics: Statistics - MA
- MA specialization in Applied Mathematics / Scientific Computation, choose Mathematics: Applied Mathematics / Scientific Computation - MA
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics, choose Applied Statistics (Math) - MS
- PhD in Mathematics, choose Mathematics - PhD
- PhD in Statistics, choose Statistics - PhD
- PhD in Data Science, choose Data Science - PhD
If you are an international student and are admitted to BGSU, please follow the instructions on the International Student Services webpage in order to obtain your non-immigrant documents. Please do this promptly after admission to avoid any delays.
Updated: 09/24/2023 10:18PM