Arts & Sciences Council
Advisory Role of Council
The primary role of Arts and Sciences Council is to act in an advisory capacity to the Dean on any matter involving the activities and responsibilities of the College of Arts and Sciences. They include the following.
- Explore and study the issues facing higher education in general and the College of Arts and Sciences in particular.
- Foster cooperation among College faculty and academic units and a collective commitment to the multidimensional mission of the College.
- Foster respect among College faculty for diversity among the missions of academic units within the College.
- Respond to requests from the Dean for recommendations regarding policy and procedural issues.
- Review and make recommendations on all new graduate degrees and graduate programs and any other curricular issue as requested by the Dean.
|ARTS & SCIENCES COUNCIL|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Lou Katzner||2015||Chair|
|Math & Science||Dr. Moira van Staaden||2016||Chair-Elect|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Susan Brown||2014||Past Chair|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Richard Anderson||2016||At-large|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Timothy Messer-Kruse||2015|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Sarah Rainey||2016||At-large|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Allison Terry-Fritsch||2014|
|Math & Science||Dr. Neocles Leontis||2014||At-large|
|Math & Science||Dr. Juan Bes||2015|
|Rep. Council of Chairs||Dr. Nathan Richardson||2014|
|Non Tenure Track Faculty||Dr. Kate Dellenbusch||2016|
|Graduate Student Rep.|
|Undergraduate Student Rep.|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Julie Barnes|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Sheila Roberts|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Dale Klopfer|
|Ex-officio||Mr. Marcus Sherrell|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Ted Rippey|
|Friday||September 27||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||October 25||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||November 22||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||December 20||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||January 24||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||February 21||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||March 28||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||April 25||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|