Center for Family & Demographic Research
The Center for Family and Demographic Research (CFDR) is dedicated to research, training, and service in family demography. The CFDR integrates demographic methods, data, and perspectives with other social scientific approaches to understand family formation and stability in addition to well-being across the life course. A special focus of research by CFDR affiliates is attention to development and social context. The CFDR is supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development and BGSU.
Introducing Demographic Research Services
The DRS conducts targeted research for clients to bridge the wide gap between ready-made population statistics and the vast quantity of data. We have the expertise to tap into current demographic data as well as collect and analyze new data. Please contact us with any questions or queries about your research and evaluation needs. Read more
- Lin, Wu. "Patterns of Coping Among Family Caregivers of Frail Older Adults." Research on Aging.
- Guzzo, Karen Benjamin. "Trends in Cohabitation Outcomes: Compositional Changes and Engagement Among Never-Married Young Adults." Journal of Marriage and Family.
- Hayford, Guzzo, Smock. "The Decoupling of Marriage and Parenthood? Trends in the Timing of Marital First Births, 1945-2002." Journal of Marriage and Family.
- Manning, Fettro, Lamidi. “Child Well-Being in Same-Sex Parent Families: Review of Research Prepared for American Sociological Association Amicus Brief.” Population Research and Policy Review.
- Manning, Smock, Dorius, Cooksey. "Cohabitation Expectations Among Young Adults in the United States: Do They Match Behavior?" Population Research and Policy Review.
Fall Speaker Series
Family and School Influences on Adolescent Adjustment: The Moderating Role of Youth Hopefulness and Aspirations for the Future
Fall Workshop Series
Introduction to Add Health
Instructor: Hsueh-Sheng Wu
Monday, September 15, 12:30-1:30 pm
CFDR Conference Room, 7C Williams
BGSU/OSU Graduate Student Conference
BGSU/OSU Graduate Student Conference on Population
Friday, October 24, 2014, 10 am to 4 pm
Bowling Green State University
Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Room 314
Submission deadline: Friday, September 26