Arts & Sciences Council
Advisory Role of Council
The primary role of Arts and Sciences Council is to act in an advisory capacity to the Dean on any matter involving the activities and responsibilities of the College of Arts and Sciences. They include the following.
- Explore and study the issues facing higher education in general and the College of Arts and Sciences in particular.
- Foster cooperation among College faculty and academic units and a collective commitment to the multidimensional mission of the College.
- Foster respect among College faculty for diversity among the missions of academic units within the College.
- Respond to requests from the Dean for recommendations regarding policy and procedural issues.
- Review and make recommendations on all new graduate degrees and graduate programs and any other curricular issue as requested by the Dean.
|ARTS & SCIENCES COUNCIL|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Lou Katzner||2015||Past Chair|
|Math & Science||Dr. Moira van Staaden||2016||Chair|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Andrew Schocket||2014||Chair-Elect|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Richard Anderson||2016||At-large|
|Social Sciences||Dr. Timothy Messer-Kruse||2015|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Sarah Rainey||2017||At-large|
|Arts & Humanities||Dr. Bill Albertini
|Math & Science||Dr. Peg Yacobucci||2017||At-large|
|Math & Science||Dr. Juan Bes||2015|
|Rep. Council of Chairs||Dr. Nathan Richardson||2016|
|Non Tenure Track Faculty||Dr. Kate Dellenbusch||2016|
|Graduate Student Rep.|
|Undergraduate Student Rep.|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Julie Barnes|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Dale Klopfer|
|Ex-officio||Mr. Marcus Sherrell|
|Ex-officio||Dr. Ted Rippey|
|Friday||September 26||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||October 17||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||November 21||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||December 12||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||January 23||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||February 27||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||March 27||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|
|Friday||April 24||3:30 - 5:00 p.m.||222 Administration Bldg.|