National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
Learn More About Our Chapter Here!
Follow us on social media!
Fall 2021 Upcoming BGSU Chapter NSSLHA Meetings
|Thursday, September 9||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, September 23||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, October 7||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, October 21||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, November 4||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, November 18||6:00 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 221|
|Thursday, December 2* tentative||7:00 pm||Banquet||TBA|
Bailey Towns, the Treasurer, can be contacted at email@example.com for new member information and the Zoom links for meetings
- President: Lauren Riggleman
- President Elect: Lily Westgate
- Vice President: Sam Picklesimer
- Secretary: Sarah Painter
- Treasurers: Madeline Collins & Katelyn Klotz
- Social Chair: Ellie Alexander
- Fundraising Coordinator: Chloe Stang
- Social Media Coordinator: Anna Herr
- Volunteer Coordinator: Morgan Lunsford
- Advisor: Karen Brackenbury
What is NSSLHA?
NSSLHA stands for the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Local NSSLHA is the BGSU chapter formed by undergraduate and graduate students interested in the study of normal and disordered human communication behavior. NSSLHA is the only official national student association recognized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
What is the purpose of NSSLHA?
- To encourage professional interest among college students interested in the field of communication disorders.
- To provide current professional information to students.
- To provide a vehicle for student representation in matters of educational and professional concern.
- To assist the university departments and the community in speech, language, and hearing matters.
Get Involved with NSSLHA!
The BGSU NSSLHA chapter is involved in many community service events throughout the year, including painting pumpkins for our clinic to use as decorations, serving Holiday dinners and having karaoke night at our local senior center. Other community service events include playing bingo at local nursing homes, assisting with Woodlane’s Halloween Dance, volunteering at a local soup kitchen and many more.
Every year our chapter hosts a variety of social events in order to encourage our members to meet others interested in the same career as them. Past social events include: ice cream socials, movie night, making holiday decorations for our annual holiday potluck, creating teams to be involved in intramural sports, and the Annual Spring Banquet at the end of the semester.
The BGSU NSSLHA chapter holds various fundraisers throughout the year and all proceeds are donated to help non-profit organizations in the area of communication sciences and disorders. In the past we have hosted fundraisers to raiser money for:
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Ohio Veteran's Home
- BGSU Dance Marathon
- BGSU Clinic needs
- And many more…
- Professional Development
If you have any ideas/suggestions or for more information concerning any future NSSLHA events feel free to contact the officers.