National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
Follow us on social media!
2019 Upcoming BGSU Chapter NSSLHA Meetings
|Thursday, February 6||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, February 20||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, March 5||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, March 26||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, April 9||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, April 23||7:30 pm||Meeting||Olscamp 113|
|Thursday, May 7||TBA||Banquet||TBA|
- President: Kelli Curcillo
- President Elect: Natalie Zitko
- Vice President: Erika Lindsey
- Secretary: Cindy Stetler
- Treasurer: Brooke Barman
- Community Service Chair: Corrine Riley
- Social Chair: Lydia Bias
- Fundraising Chair: Emily Warnecke
- Marketing: Anne Rady
- Social Media Coordinator: Brianna Goodwin
- Advisor: Karen Brackenbury
What is NSSLHA?
NSSLHA stands for the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Local NSSLHA is the BGSU chapter formed by undergraduate and graduate students interested in the study of normal and disordered human communication behavior. NSSLHA is the only official national student association recognized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
What is the purpose of NSSLHA?
- To encourage professional interest among college students interested in the field of communication disorders.
- To provide current professional information to students.
- To provide a vehicle for student representation in matters of educational and professional concern.
- To assist the university departments and the community in speech, language, and hearing matters.
Get Involved with NSSLHA!
The BGSU NSSLHA chapter is involved in many community service events throughout the year, including painting pumpkins for our clinic to use as decorations, serving Holiday dinners and having karaoke night at our local senior center. Other community service events include playing bingo at local nursing homes, assisting with Woodlane’s Halloween Dance, volunteering at a local soup kitchen and many more.
Every year our chapter hosts a variety of social events in order to encourage our members to meet others interested in the same career as them. Past social events include: ice cream socials, movie night, making holiday decorations for our annual holiday potluck, creating teams to be involved in intramural sports, and the Annual Spring Banquet at the end of the semester.
The BGSU NSSLHA chapter holds various fundraisers throughout the year and all proceeds are donated to help non-profit organizations in the area of communication sciences and disorders. In the past we have hosted fundraisers to raiser money for:
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Ohio Veteran's Home
- BGSU Dance Marathon
- BGSU Clinic needs
- And many more…
- Professional Development
If you have any ideas/suggestions or for more information concerning any future NSSLHA events feel free to contact the officers.