Presidential Scholars Award Competition
Be an Academic Leader in the Honors College
The Honors College and the Office of Admissions will host a scholarship competition for incoming freshmen. The Presidential Scholars Award is an in-state tuition scholarship and is renewable. To apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- 3.8 cumulative high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 30 ACT composite or 1390 SAT [Evidence-Based Reading and Writing]
- Must be admitted to BGSU and complete a separate Honors College application by Dec. 7 with ACT/SAT test scores and official highschool transcript.
Students who do not have all completed credentials submitted by December 7 2022 will not be eligible for the competition.
Incoming transfer students are not eligible for this competition.
The Honors College application is used to determine acceptance into the Honors College at BGSU. It is also used to determine who will be invited to interview for the Honors Scholarship. If you are eligible for the Presidential Scholars Award and are not selected for an interview, you will be notified via email in December of our scholarship interview decision. Everyone is notified if they are accepted or denied admission into the Honors College.
Does this Sound Like You?
The Presidential Scholars Award is looking for our next academic leaders in the Honors College. We are looking for students which who:
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity in and out of the classroom
- Have a record of academic excellence
- Are reflective in your writing and thinking
- Open to new ideas
- Willing to be challenged and engaged in your education
Presidential Scholars Award (PSA) recipients are students who lead the Honors College and the Honors Learning Community through their work inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to receiving a full in-state tuition scholarship, PSA students also work collaboratively in a cohort with other top scholars to help improve the Honors College during their time at BGSU.
- First year students take a class together.
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participate in PSA mentorship program.
- Leadership in the Honors College (Honors Ambassador, Peer Facilitator, Etc.).
- Participation in interview weekend.
- Serve as academic leader and complete one related activity each semester
- Assist with BGSU One Day
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Remain in good standing within Honors.
Sample Events throughout the Year
- Professional Development Events: Retreats, classes.
- Social Events: painting parties, end of semester gatherings.
- Honors College Events: joining Honors College honor societies or organizations.
Updated: 05/11/2022 02:49PM