What is the HLC
The mission of the HLC is to create a seamless educational environment that supports the goals of the Honors College. We do this by providing activities outside of the classroom that help you develop your critical thinking, civic engnagemnet, integrative learning, and intercultural knowledge skills.
Friendly, relaxed, supportive, respectful and fun. Social, cultural and intellectual events are offered to enhance the BGSU and the on-campus living experience. This creates a living learning community comprised of academically talented students, staff and faculty.
- Direct access to Honors College faculty and staff
- Free access to computers, wifi, classroom, the Honors Den, and books for use in common reading discussions
- Connect with the community through civic and service involvement, partnering with many student organizations on campus
- Participate in some of the most compelling and engaging discussions you could ever witness or take part in
- Participate in fully-funded local and regional overnight trips. Past trips have been to Chicago, IL; Louisville, KY, Stratford, Ontario and other regional locations
- Travel to plays, museums, musicals and local community events
- Participation in book discussions, essay contests, and the Collective Dialogues event
- Enjoy peer-to-peer discussions, Honors faculty symposiums and nationally-recognized speaker forums
Updated: 02/09/2024 09:36AM