Freshmen Student Honors Application
Honors Application for High School Seniors
To be considered for the Honors College all students must submit a complete application. The application is online and will be available starting August 14 for incoming freshmen. The complete Honors College application includes the following:
- Information regarding your academic work, interests and activities
- Two (2) short answer questions
- One (1) essay question
Each application is reviewed holistically, Honors admissions decisions can take up to 8 weeks. You will receive notification about your decision through email and mail.
All other questions about the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline for Applying to the Honors College
- August 14th - Application opens
- November 15th - Deadline for Full Tuition Honors Scholarships
- March 1st - Deadline for Honors Experience Study Abroad Scholarship
- March 1st - Deadline for Incoming Freshmen
Applying to the Honors College
Applying to the Honors College can be done in 2 ways:
- You will need your BGSU application username (email address) and password to access the application. Note: this is for your BGSU application, NOT your MyBGSU username and password.
- If you applied through the Common Application, you should receive an email with login instructions to create your username and password.
Please enter the BGSU application username (email used for BGSU application) and password you used to apply online. If you do not have a username or password, please contact the Office of Admissions. If you applied online, but forgot your username or password, we can help you reset your password.
Did you apply to BGSU through the Common Application?
If you applied to BGSU through the common application, you should check your email to be able to set up your BGSU application status page. This email will come 1 day after you apply through the Common Application, so you will not be able to apply immediately to the Honors College after submitting your Common Application. The email should be titled "BGSU has received your Common Application!".
This email will contain information about how to set up a password and also how to access the BGSU Honors College application.
You will be able to save your application, and edit it until it is submitted. If you have questions about the Honors application, please contact email@example.com or call 419-372-8504.
Updated: 08/29/2023 10:08AM