Ronald C. Scherer
Position: Distinguished Research Professor
Director of Voice Laboratories
Address: 243 HHS
BGSU Doctoral Students
Nicholas May, M.M., M.S., doctoral student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Brittany Perrine, M.S., doctoral student, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Senior Research Assistant
Mahdi Tahamtan, M.Sc., doctoral student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
BGSU Master's Students
Michelle Bretl, B.S., B.M., master’s student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Raymond Diaz, B.M., M.A., master’s student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Becca Rae, B.S., master’s student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
BGSU Undergraduate Students
Ebere-Chukwuka Tochi Okoro, undergraduate student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Anne Koziara, undergraduate student, Musical Theatre, CDIS minor
Other Voice Laboratory Personnel from BGSU
- Alexander Goberman, Ph.D., Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Christopher Scholl, Associate Professor, Voice/Opera, CMA
- Jane Schoonmaker Rodgers, D.M.A., Voice/Opera, CMA
- Jason Whitfield, Ph.D., Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Katherine Meizel, Ph.D., Musicology/Ethnomusicology, CMA
- Lauren Macatangay, B.S., master’s student, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Lewis Fulcher, Ph.D., Physics and Astronomy
Recent BGSU graduates
- Guangnian Zhai, M.S. (Physics, 2000)
- Meena Agarwal, Ph.D. (CDIS, 2004)
- Inoka Tennakoon, M.S. (CDIS, 2005)
- Amanda DeBoer, D.M.A. (Music, 2012)
- Ramya Konnai, Ph.D. (CDIS, 2012)
- Emily Diekema, M.S. (CDIS, 2016)
- Josh Mewhinney, M.S. (Physics, 2016)
- Sarah Pilkington, B.S. (CDIS, 2017)
- Srihimaja Nandamudi, Ph.D. (CDIS, 2017)
University of Toledo (Engineering)
- Abdollah Afjeh, Ph.D.
- Kathy Reynolds, B.S.
- Leyla Rahiminejad Ranjbar, B.S.
- Saeed Torkaman, Ph.D.
- Terry Ng, Ph.D.
University of Iowa (CSD)
- Fariborz Alipour, Ph.D.
University of Cincinnati
- Sid Khosla, M.D. (Otolaryngology)
- Keiko Ishikawa, doctoral student (CSD)
Michigan State University
- Dimitar Deliyski, Ph.D.
Indiana University (Music)
- Andreas Poulimenos, Professor
Lamar University (SPHS)
- Nandhu Radhakrishnan, Ph.D. (BGSU)
- Ali Dehqan, Ph.D., Iran
- Johan Sundberg, Ph.D., Sweden
- Prakash Boominathan, Ph.D., India
- Sheng Li, Ph.D., China
There are various lines of active research in both voice laboratories on campus. Current voice research focuses on methodologies, singing, whisper, various phonation aspects, and physical and computer modeling. The voice laboratory has active collaborations with the music and physics and astronomy departments at Bowling Green State University. In addition, the voice laboratory has collaborations with researchers outside the BGSU community.