PROCEDURE FOR THE RELEASE OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS AT BGSU
- Public Records consist of all paper documents, maps, drawings, photocopies, photographs, computer disks, e-mail, voice mail, and audio and videotape recordings which serve to document the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations or other activities of the University EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN RECORDS AMONG WHICH ARE:
- Certain Medical Records (those not considered public such as birth and death certificates; admission or discharge);
- Trial Preparation Records;
- Law Enforcement Investigating Records;
- Education Records the release of which is prohibited by state or federal law (e.g., social security numbers, trade secrets, names of sexual harassment victims, criminal history, etc.)
- Intellectual Property
- Donor Profiles
NOTE: Also, certain documents in employees' personnel files are not available
- Please check with University Council for more information.
- For Procedures on Requests, click here.