Note: Finalists have been chosen and notified for Fall 2020
The Michael and Mary Lee McGranaghan Academic Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 by Michael and Mary Lee McGranaghan. Criteria for the scholarship include:
- Incoming freshman for Fall 2021
- Be a declared Schmidthorst College of Business major declared on BGSU application for admission
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership ability
- Be in the top 10% of high school senior class
- Completed application for admission on file by January 15, 2021 including ACT or SAT test scores and official high school transcript
- Completed application submitted to the Honors College by January 15, 2021
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need
- Note the recipients of this scholarship are in the top 10% of BGSU's students, and so typically have an ACT of 30 or above or a 1390* SAT [Evidence-Based Reading and Writing]
**1300 for SAT taken prior to March 2016
Students who do not have all completed credentials submitted by January 15, 2021 will not be eligible for the competition.
Incoming transfer students are not eligible for this competition.
For Fall 2021 admission to BGSU, students may apply now.
The Honors College application will be available in September.