Alumni Laureate Scholarship
Being an Alumni Laureate Scholar also means joining a welcoming community of students who are driven to become effective leaders and make the world a better place — just like you. Through your involvement in cooperative service projects and participation in a variety of Alumni events and functions, you'll develop lifelong relationships with your fellow Alumni Laureate Scholars.
More than a full-tuition scholarship, the BGSU Alumni Laureate Scholarship is a distinctive, prestigious program funded by our most generous alumni in order to provide recipients with eight uninterrupted Fall and Spring semesters of support from caring mentors. Mentors who will challenge you to broaden your perspective, prioritize your goals, network with alumni and professional contacts, and frame your success through the values of leadership and service.
About the scholarship
The scholarship currently covers the cost of any educational expenses up to the cost of full-time in-state undergraduate tuition, for eight uninterrupted fall and spring semesters, and includes a $1,000 book award each year. Receipt of the scholarship is contingent upon continuously meeting program criteria and expectations as set by the Program Advisor.
The program allows students to take part in leadership workshops, community engagement activities, and meetings with university, community and alumni leaders and volunteers. The ALS program also includes cohort meetings and regular interaction with the Honors College staff and program adviser.
Applicants must be incoming, first-time students enrolled at BGSU who demonstrate a commitment to leadership and community service. Applicants must also:
- Be admitted to BGSU main campus prior to 11:59pm on December 3, 2018
- Submit a completed Honors College application prior to 11:59pm on December 3, 2018
- Hold a 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on December 3, 2018
- Score a minimum of 27 (composite) on the ACT or combined score of 1280 on the SAT on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on December 3, 2018
- Be available to participate in selection weekend, February 1-2, 2019
- Financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement to apply
- It is strongly encouraged that applicants complete a FAFSA form, listing BGSU as one of the schools that should receive the data from the form. Any questions about the FAFSA should be directed to your guidance counselor or the BGSU Student Financial Aid Office (419-372-2651).
- Please do not send in any separate materials (including but not limited to transcripts, resumes or test scores).
- All materials must be received by BGSU prior to 11:59pm on December 3, 2018.
Multiple finalists will have the opportunity to interview on campus with the selection committee. As many as six recipients will be chosen to enter the program each year.
We look forward to getting to know you to determine if the BGSU Alumni Laureate Scholarship is the right fit for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
The application will be open in August to apply to the Honors College & for the Alumni Laureate Scholarship. Please note that there is not a separate application for the Alumni Laureate Scholarship - applying to the Honors College by the deadline will serve as your Alumni Laureate Scholarship application.
Kacee Ferrell Snyder, Ph.D. | email@example.com
Someday when you are reflecting on your collegiate experience, we hope the Bowling Green State University Alumni Laureate Scholarship Program and the people you met during your involvement will be the most prominent highlight.