Accelerated BSFS to MSFS Program Prior to Spring 2022
Please see the Graduate College’s Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program webpage and official Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Policy for information pertaining to all Accelerated Programs.
Students interested in pursuing the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science (BSFS) to Master of Science in Forensic Science (MSFS) must complete the following application requirements:
1. By the start of Accelerated status, they must have either:
- 75 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.2, or
- 90 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.0;
2. A completed Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Application;
3. Official transcripts from all universities attended;
4. At least one letter of recommendation from a full-time BGSU faculty member, preferably from graduate faculty within the student’s major or targeted graduate program.
5. Completion of any other program-specific graduate application requirements.
Accelerated BSFS to MSFS Program Plan
Students enrolled in the Accelerated BSFS to MSFS should follow the following course schedule for planning out graduate work that begins while still enrolled as an undergraduate student, followed by the courses taken when fully enrolled as a graduate student in the MSFS program. This program requires you to complete a Plan I Thesis Research Project (FSCI 6990) or a Plan II Directed Research Project (FSCI 6910).
Undergraduate Accelerated Status (limited to 9 credits maximum)
Courses that may be taken while an undergraduate student with Undergraduate Accelerated Status (any three of the classes listed):
Updated: 11/22/2021 01:23PM