Accelerated BA in Statistics to MA in Mathematics Program Policies
Please see the Graduate College’s Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program webpage and official Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Policy for information pertaining to all Accelerated Programs.
Students interested in pursuing the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Specialization in Data Science to Master of Arts in Mathematics-Statistics Specialization must complete the following application requirements:
1. By the start of the student’s Accelerated status, they must have either:
- 75 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.2, or
- 90 credit hours earned and an overall BGSU GPA of at least 3.0;
2. A completed Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program Application;
3. Official transcripts from all universities attended;
4. At least two letters of recommendation from graduate faculty in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at BGSU.
5. A Statement of Purpose describing how the Master’s in Mathematics-Statistics Specialization aligns with the applicants professional objectives.
Accelerated BA- Mathematics Specialization in Statistics to Master of Arts in Mathematics-Statistics Specialization Program Plan
Students enrolled in the Accelerated BA- Mathematics Specialization in Statistics to MA in Mathematics-Statistics Specialization should follow the following course schedule for planning out graduate work that begins while still enrolled as an undergraduate student, followed by the courses taken when fully enrolled as a graduate student in the MA-Mathematics-Statistics Specialization program. In order to complete this plan in an accelerated format, it is strongly recommended that students choose the Plan II option (non-thesis). Students who choose the thesis option should expect the completion of their master’s degree program to take longer than an additional extra (5th) year.
Undergraduate Accelerated Status (limited to 9 credits maximum)
Courses that may be taken while an undergraduate student with Undergraduate Accelerated Status that will overlap between the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees:
Choose three of: Math 5650 Introduction to Real Analysis I
Math 5450 Applied Probability
Math 5470 Exploratory Data Analysis
Math 5320 Linear Algebra with Applications
Updated: 11/22/2021 01:30PM