Hot Topics, Including Hurricane Florence Impacts, Discussed at Insurance Symposium
Students, faculty, staff, and community members heard expertise from a panel of insurance CEOs at the 4th Annual Insurance & Risk Management Institute (IRMI) Symposium. A wide range of hot topics were discussed, such as insurance technology, career paths, artificial intelligence, big data, community involvement, and the anticipated impact of Hurricane Florence which was expected to make landfall two days after the symposium.
- Mark Russell, President and CEO at Ohio Mutual
- Bill Purmort, President and Chairman of the Board at Central Insurance
- Ed Largent ’86, President, CEO and Board Chair at Westfield
- John Ammendola, President and CEO at Grange Insurance
- Dave Kaufman, CEO of Motorists Insurance
Executive in residence, Roc Starks, served as the panel’s moderator.
IRMI aims to establish, cultivate and steward educational and professional networks that provide the industry access to talented and well-trained insurance students through collaborative partnerships with the insurance industry.