New faculty join College of Business
BGSU’s College of Business continues to attract outstanding faculty. This fall several new professors and instructors are joining the business faculty:
- Dr. Sharath Sasidharan – associate professor in Information Systems. He earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration in 2006 from the University of Kentucky and was an assistant professor, promoted and tenured to associate professor, at Emporia State University where he taught since 2009. Prior to Emporia, Dr. Sasidharan was an assistant professor at Marshall University.
- Dr. Ren Zhang - assistant professor in Economics. Dr. Zhang finished his Ph.D. in economics in May from Southern Methodist University. He also earned a master’s in economics from Southern Methodist in 2013 and another economics graduate degree from Central University of Finance and Economics in Beijing in 2011. Dr. Zhang was a Ph.D. intern for the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Dr. David Dobrzykowski - associate professor in Management and the new director of BGSU’s Supply Chain Management Institute. Dr. Dobrzykowski was most recently an associate professor of supply chain management at Rutgers Business School where he taught since 2014. He earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration in 2010 from the University of Toledo, as well as two other business degrees from UT. Dr. Dobrzykowski served as an assistant professor at UT as well as at Eastern Michigan. His professional work experience prior to teaching was in sales in the healthcare field.
- Dr. Nicholas Dadzie – instructor in Economics. Dr. Dadzie earned his Ph.D. in Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics from The Ohio State University in 2013, as well as a master’s in economics from the same university. His undergraduate degree in agriculture was earned from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Tech., in Kumasi, Ghana. He has been a visiting assistant professor of economics at Ohio University since 2014.
- Ms. Susan Horne – instructor in Applied Statistics and Operations Research. Dr. Horne has been a visiting assistant professor and lecturer at several universities including University of New Hampshire, Texas A&M University at San Antonio, Sam Houston State University, and Unity College. She earned her Ph.D. in Management Systems at Kent State University, master’s in statistics from Texas A&M University, and MBA in finance from Babson College. Her academic experience is complemented by nearly 20 years of industry experience which includes being an insurance industry actuarial analyst.
- Ms. Heidi Coughlin – Instructor in Marketing Department. She has 25+ years of communication and corporate training experience in Fortune 500 companies including IBM, DANA Corporation, and BP Oil. She is a BGSU alumna with a bachelor’s and a master’s in interpersonal and public communication. She will be teaching Business Communication, Applied Business Experience, and the Introduction to Business courses.