Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
Examples of involuntary loss of insurance include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching an age where you are no longer eligible for benefits under a parent/guardian's plan
- Divorce, marriage or death of your parent/guardian or spouse
- Loss of employment or change in employer benefit eligibility
If you experience an involuntary loss of insurance coverage,
you will need to request and complete all required documentation
within 30 days of your loss of coverage in order to enroll into the
BGSU/Aetna Student Health Plan.
What we will need from you...
- Enrollment application which is available at the Student Insurance Office or by email request.
- Letter of creditable coverage from former insurance carrier stating the date coverage was lost.
- The Student Health Plan coverage will begin the date your prior coverage ended.
- The pro-rated insurance premium
amount will need to be paid directly to Aetna Student Health
Insurance. Credit Card or Check payments are accepted.
- All documents must be completed and presented to the Student
Insurance Office within 30 days of loss of prior coverage.
**Students must meet eligibility requirments to be eligible for the BGSU-offered Student Insurance Policy.
Please visit, call, or email the Student Insurance Office for an enrollment application or for more information.