Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
If you experience an involuntary loss of insurance coverage, you will need to request and complete all required documentation within 30 days of your loss of coverage in order to enroll into the BGSU/Aetna Student Health Plan and prevent a break in your health insurance coverage.
Examples of involuntary loss of insurance include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching an age where you are no longer eligible for benefits under a parent/guardian's plan
- Divorce, marriage or death of your parent/guardian or spouse
- Loss of employment or change in employer benefit eligibility
What we will need from you...
- Enrollment application which is available at the Student Insurance Office or by email request.
- Letter of creditable coverage from former insurance carrier stating the date coverage was lost.
- The pro-rated insurance premium amount will need to be paid in order for your coverage to become active. A Student Insurance representative will confirm your pro-rated premium and your credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) will be made through a secure online link provided to you by our office.
- All documents must be completed and presented to the Student Insurance Office within 30 days of loss of prior coverage.
**Students must meet eligibility requirments to be eligible for the BGSU-offered Student Insurance Policy.
Please visit, call, or email the Student Insurance Office for an enrollment application or for more information.