International Students


At Bowling Green State University, we require our students to have health insurance.

The Spring 2017 semester waiver and enrollment period has ended. Waiver and enrollment information for the 2017-2018 academic year will be posted as soon as it is available.
BGSU Student Health Insurance is provided by Aetna Student Health.  Detailed information about student health insurance plan benefits is available and can be viewed through the Aetna Student Health website here 
If you have questions, please contact us at     
The online waiver and enrollment system has closed for the Spring 2017 semester. Waiver and enrollment information for the 2017-2018 academic year will be posted as soon as it is available.

All International Students, regardless of credit hours, are required by the University to enroll into the BGSU/Aetna Student Health plan, with the exception of those with approved coverage provided by their government embassy, or approved coverage provided by a U.S. based employer. Students who have coverage through approved policies will need to contact the Student Insurance Office, and submit their health insurance card, their student ID and health insurance policy information in order to complete a waiver.

International Students that are registered for Spring 2017 classes have access to the online enrollment process through their MyBGSU account.  Follow the instructions below to complete your enrollment prior to the deadline of December 15,2016.  

  • Log onto your MyBGSU
  • Click on the Student tab on the upper right hand side
  • Select Financials within the drop down menu
  • The Student Insurance Requirment link is located under the Financials tab on the left side of the screen
  • Read and follow steps to enroll
  • Once successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation page.  Print this for your records.
  • Please email us if you have questions:

The Aetna Student Health insurance plan is customized to offer the best coverage to our students at a fair price.  For more information regarding the plan details and benefits please go to Aetna Student Health (type in BGSU as your school) or contact the Student Insurance Office by calling 419-372-7495 or emailing us at  

Newly arriving International students must complete the health insurance requirement and health screening requirement at their scheduled New Student Orientation and prior to the first week of classes.

Thank you and best wishes for the upcoming academic year.

Click Here to Visit the International Student's Page