Bowling Green State University International Travel Services and Insurance Program
BGSU recognizes the importance of having resources available while traveling abroad on a BGSU-Business. As a traveler, you may ask yourself: What would happen if I became ill, or were involved in an accident, or a encountered security related incident in a foreign country? How would I deal with an emergency where language is a problem and adequate standards of medical care cannot be guaranteed? What if I were in a foreign country where the political situation was unstable or quickly deteriorating? To meet some of these challenges when abroad, BGSU provides an integrated International Services and Insurance Program.
International Travel Assistance Services
BGSU has contracted with the premier international services
provider, International SOS (ISOS), who will be there when emergency
medical, personal, travel, legal, and security assistance services are
needed when traveling overseas on a BGSU-sanctioned program.
- One phone call to the ISOS Network of multi-lingual
- Telephone advice and referrals to full-scale medical evacuations by private air ambulance
- ISOS Network of critical care and aero medical specialists operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from ISOS Alarm Centers around the world
- Assist in managing the complex issues of people, information, communications, and transportation during a threatening emergency situation
Visit the ISOS’s website for more information and enter the BGSU
ISOS membership number 11BCAS000010:
International Travel Medical Insurance
BGSU provides a unique insurance program with Nationwide Life Insurance Company for travelers abroad on BGSU-sanctioned programs, which works in concert with ISOS. This insurance program is primary in all cases, and because of the special relationship between ISOS and the Plan Administrators, emergency management and health care decision-making is simplified for the traveler. Please see the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for additional information about the program.
Before You Travel
- Register with the BGSU International Travel Registry
- Register with the State Department Smart
Traveler Enrollment Program
- Download the International SOS Assistant app on your smart phone for full risk information about your destination
- Review BGSU's Information Technology Service's International Travel Guidelines
Travel to the following locations is restricted by BGSU Insurance carriers. Please contact Risk Management before planning travel to the following locations:
Cuba (Signed Affidavit Required)
*Click save to open when using Internet Explorer