Center for Faculty Excellence
The Center for Faculty Excellence is dedicated to supporting faculty, staff, and graduate student instructors who strive to achieve excellence in teaching through innovation, collaboration and creative solutions.
Major Functions of CFE
- Assisting faculty through one-on-one tutorials and instructional design consulting;
- Outreach to small groups and departments by holding customized workshops at your location;
- Designing and delivering New Faculty Orientation for both tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty;
- Hosting an annual teaching and learning conference to serve both BGSU and the broader educational community;
- Providing teaching and learning resources on the CFE's website (e.g., newsletters, links to websites and articles, video modules);
- Offering funding opportunities to faculty wishing to participate in Faculty Learning Communities.
CFE is committed to supporting faculty as they seek to provide evidence-based teaching and learning opportunities for students. In general, the CFE can help faculty with many aspects of teaching and learning, from best practices in the Canvas LMS to moving beyond PowerPoint presentations.
We encourage faculty, staff, and graduate students to use the resources available on the website or call (419) 372-6898, write (email@example.com) or visit the CFE (202C University Hall) to take part in our activities and discussions.