MOU and MOA Process
Agreements, MOUs and MOAs
Review of all agreements, MOUs and MOAs with universities, nonprofit organizations or other entities, both international and domestic, must go through an internal review process prior to the Provost’s approval. This is to ensure that they advance the institutional mission of BGSU, enhance our standing in the academic community and protect BGSU’s reputation as a research university. This review process helps to Identify institutional and geographical overlap and keep an accurate record of BGSU’s global presence.
What Types of Agreements, MOUs and MOAs need to be reviewed?
- Accreditation agreements
- Affiliation agreements
- Articulation agreements
- Clinical affiliation agreements
- College Credit Plus program agreements
- Consulting contracts
- Equipment rental for academic use ($15,000 or more)
- Events, conferences, off campus (facility rentals, transportation, catering, etc.; $15,000 or more)
- Independent contractor agreements (speakers, individual providers of professional services not otherwise provide for; $15,000 or more)
- Maintenance and repair of scientific/research/instructional equipment ($15,000 to $100,000)
- Music commissioning and publication agreements ($15,000 or more)
- Professional associations – institutional members
How to Submit an agreement, MOU and/or MOA for the Provost’s review and approval
Please submit your information by responding to the items below.
- Provide the name of the vice president, dean, chair or director who has reviewed and approved this project to move forward
- Explain how the agreement, MOU or MOA aligns with one more of BGSU’s Strategic Objectives or Initiatives.
- In one or two sentences, explain the purpose, scope and obligations of this agreement.
- List the duration of the agreement (timeline if approved).
- Provide the name and title of the individual who will have overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of the agreement.
- Provide/attach any other information that will be helpful in review of this agreement.
Submit this form with the agreement, MOU or MOA. Please allow at least two weeks for a response. If you have any questions, please call 419-372-2915 or email email@example.com.