The Center for Archival Collections is pleased to announce the winners of its 2018 Local History Publication Awards:
- Academic Scholar Division
- Manucuso, Rebecca. "The Finger Saga: One Museum's Quest to Turn the Macabre into the Meaningful." The Public Historian 40, no. 2 (May 2018): 23-42.
- Independent Scholar Division
- Beach, Patricia Ringos, Susan J. Eisel, Maria Elizabeth Nowicki, Judy Harris Szor, and Beth E. White.Caps, Capes, and Caring: The Legacy of Diploma Nursing Schools in Toledo. Toledo, Ohio: The University of Toledo Press, 2018.
- Semon, Jim, Sr., Roger Dickman, and Jeff Brown. Sandusky's Photographer: The Real Photo Postcards of Ernst Niebergall. Sandusky, Ohio: Firelands Postcard Club, 2018.
Congratulations to our 2018 winners! View the complete list of Local History Publication Awards winners since the awards' inception in 1993.
The CAC will be accepting submissions for the 2019 Local History Publication Awards beginning January 1, 2020. Works published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 will be accepted.
The Awards Committee will recognize authors for outstanding publications in two divisions. The Academic Scholar Division will include works prepared and submitted by authors who are professional writers or academicians. The Independent Scholar Division will include works prepared and submitted by independent or local researchers, amateurs, and other creative writers who do not claim “history” as a profession. Each Division winner will receive a $300.00 cash award and plaque.
Eligible works must address an historical topic within the nineteen county region of northwest Ohio. Works shall be judged by the Awards Committee on: literary merit, overall significance and contribution to explaining and understanding the history of the region. Consideration also will be given for style and content. Other considerations will include grammar, accuracy, illustrations, layout, indexes, and distribution.
To submit a work, authors should send two copies to the Center for Archival Collections, 5th Floor, Jerome Library, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, postmarked by February 28, 2020. All works submitted become the property of the CAC. For complete information about the award and submissions, please see guideline for submission below. For further information, contact the CAC at 419-372-2411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.