Welcome to the Writing Lab!
In the Writing Lab, writers help other writers improve their work. How do we do this? We provide one-on-one consultations with writers. In these tutorials, we talk with writers who are planning their papers and with others who are in the midst of writing them. Wherever you may be in your writing process, a conversation with another interested writer can help you better achieve your goals.
You may schedule an appointment by calling 419.372.0705 or 419.372.0748 or through the NAVIGATE system.
There is no longer a need to physically come to campus to receive help with your writing assignments - It can now be completed online in a variety of subject areas. Students must complete the Online Tutoring Request Form. The form should be submitted electronically with a copy of the paper you are working on and the related assignment sheet (if one was provided by the instructor) to the Writing Lab’s main email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students should provide at least two business days for papers submitted via email to be returned.
Student questions about Online Tutoring should be directed to the Writing Lab’s main email address (email@example.com).
- MLA is an acronym for Modern Language Association
- APA is an acronym for American Psychological Association
- Chicago Style refers to Chicago Manuscript format
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab): MLA Citation Guidelines
- Grammarly will provide assistance with spelling and grammar: Grammarly: Free Online Writing Assistant
- KnightCite citation service (calvin.edu) will assist with developing APA, MLA and Chicago citation styles: KnightCite
- EasyBib will aid developing correct citation format/styles: EasyBib®: Free Bibliography Generator - MLA, APA, Chicago citation styles
- The Bluebook of Grammar and Punctuation
English Rules | Grammar Rules | Punctuation and Capitalization Rules
This site overviews commonly misunderstood rules related to English and provides quizzes and interactive tests for self study.
- BGSU Writing Center (Main Campus)
BG’s Writing Center offers help with all aspects of writing assignments (including handouts for standard ENG 112 assignments, such as the critique and multi-source essays).
- The OWL at Purdue
This Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a wonderful source for almost anything related to writing!
The BGSU Firelands Writing Lab is located in the BGSU Firelands Teaching and Learning Center. Appointments are currently online only and can be scheduled using NAVIGATE (accessed myBGSU) or by calling the TLC at 419.372.0705 or 419.372.0748.
MTWRF: 10:00am-12:00pm; 3:30pm-4:30pm
Appointments outside the time frame stated can be arranged by contacting Miriam personally at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at email@example.com. All appointments will be scheduled per her availability
Meetings are scheduled by appointment only
Updated: 04/26/2023 12:53PM