Wendy D. Manning
- Co-Director, National Center for Family & Marriage Research
- Director, Center for Family and Demographic Research
- Distinguished Professor of Sociology, Bowling Green State University
- For the Media
- Curriculum Vitae
- Google Scholar
Dr. Manning is interested in how family members define and understand their obligations to each other in an era of increasing diversity and complexity of family relationships. Her primary research interests center on...
- Adolescent Relationships
- Parenting Across the Life Course
- PhD, Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MS, Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BA, Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Relationship Quality among Cohabiting versus Married Couples ( WP-14-03)
Family Structure and Child Well-Being: Integrating Family
- Published in Journal of Marriage and Family, Family Structure and Child Well-being: Integrating Family Complexity, 77(1): 177-190 (February 2015).
- Family Structure and Children's Economic Well-Being: Incorporating Same-Sex Cohabiting Mother Families (WP-14-01)
Two Decades of Stability and Change in Age at First Union
- Published in Journal of Marriage and Family.
Estimating Nonresident Fatherhood: Evidence from the CPS, NSFG,
and SIPP (WP-12-11)
- Published in Demographic Research as Nonresident Fathers and Formal Child Support: Evidence from the CPS, NSFG, and SIPP, 29(46) 1299-1330, December 13, 2013, DOI.4054/DemRes.2013.29.46
- Named "Editor's Choice" as one of the best!
Relationship Formation and Stability in Emerging Adulthood: Do
Sex Ratios Matter? (WP-10-10)
The Demography of Unions Among Older Americans: 1980-present (WP-09-14)
Dating Couples' Views about Cohabitation: The Role of Social
Developmental Shifts in the Character of Romantic and Sexual
Relationships from Adolescence to Young Adulthood (WP-09-10)
- "Ain't Nobody in My Family Married": Social Context and Marital Social Capital (WP-09-02)
- The Future of Marriage and the Family
- Family Utopia
Select Media Appearances and Press Releases
- ASA Amicus Brief Supports Suit to Overturn Virginia's Gay Marriage Ban
of Same-Sex Marriage Take Bad-for-Children Argument to
Study Examines 'Relationship Churning'
- Northwest Ohio Journal WBGUTV
- Northwest Ohio Journal WBGUTV Public Television
Examines Family Formations in Young Adulthood
- First-time Divorce Rate Tied to Education, Race