Master’s, Doctoral and Certificate Program Applications
Applicants must have graduated with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or complete the degree prior to enrollment. Students are advised to apply at least six months in advance for admission. International students should allow more time for the application process. All credentials submitted to BGSU become the property of BGSU and will not be released. The application for admission to the Graduate College should be submitted along with:
• $45 nonrefundable application fee for domestic applicants; $75 for international applicants. The application fee is automatically waived for McNair Scholars, U.S. Military Veterans, and returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
• Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
• Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) based on program requirements.
• Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
• International applicants are required to submit scores from the
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International
English Language Testing System (IELTS). Successful completion of ELS
112 will also be accepted for this requirement. Please see exceptions
• If you plan to apply to more than one program, you must submit a separate application and application fee for each.
Official transcripts and test scores are to be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State
Bowling Green, OH 43403
We are currently transitioning to a new application system. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience as we work to improve our services for you and our other graduate applicants. If you have any problems, please contact us at 419-372-2791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the GRE/GMAT/PRAXIS/TOEFL tests, visit the Educational Testing Service website. The Graduate College does not require specific minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for acceptance into graduate programs. However, individual programs that require the GRE often set their own minimum scores. Graduate programs that require the GRE utilize the test results as one indicator of the potential for success in graduate studies. Graduate program applicants should therefore approach the prospect of taking the GRE seriously, knowing that their scores will be considered for admission. In order to send test scores directly to BGSU, please use the following code: 1069.
International applicants: Upon admission to the university you will receive further enrollment information from International Student Services.
Note: All of the credentials listed above must be official documents in the English language. Official documents are either the original documents, notarized copies, or official English translations with the official seal or stamp of the notary or the English translator on each document. Photocopies or documents “Issued to Student” are not acceptable.
*Applicants to the Graduate College who have completed a previous degree (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate) from a U.S. college/university or are from a country (see list below) in which instruction was delivered in English (and attended the university for at least two years) are exempt from providing TOEFL/IELTS test scores.