Financial Literacy Resources
BGSU has partnered with PNC to provide financial literacy resources and workshops for students. Below you will find a full listing of services currently offered. If there is a topic of which PNC is unable to address, you will be provided other options. BGSU students DO NOT need to be a customer of PNC Bank to take advantage of any of the services or programs offered; they are offered at no charge. Learn more
The following free financial education resources are available to all BGSU undergraduate and graduate students.
- Money Management Online Module- see below for full details
- Monthly Educational Seminars - see below for full details
- Group Seminars
- Individual and confidential financial education sessions
- Individualized spending plans
- How to identify and track expenses during and after college
- Tips for managing a checking account (and avoiding fees)
- Help to locate resources in the event of identity theft
- Tips and tools to avoid college related identity theft scams
- Graduate with a plan for repaying your debt
Money Management Online Module
BGSU Banking Basics by PNC Bank aims to teach students about the essentials of money management, from depositing checks to understanding income and how to create a budget. Designed to be completed in about 45 minutes, Students can use their BGSU email addresses to create course-specific accounts, which allows them to sign in and out of the course so they can complete it on their own schedule -- and when they do, they'll get a certificate of completion that indicates how well they did on the knowledge-check portions of the site. Get started
©2016 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC
Monthly Financial Seminars
- For a full listing of the 2016-17 monthly topics, please click here for a PDF
- PNC will host monthly financial seminars in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- To reserve a seat, please call 419-353-4090, email BGSUfinancialliteracy@pnc.com or stop by PNC Branch located in Bowen-Thompson Student Union, first floor
- To request a seminar for a group or organization, please call 419-353-4090, email BGSUfinancialliteracy@pnc.com or stop by PNC Branch located in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, first floor
FINANCIAL SEMINAR TOPICS
- Money 101
- FDIC check it out
- Identity theft
- Charge it right
- Setting financial goals
- Pay yourself first
- Borrowing basics
- Money lessons for graduates
If your topic of interest is not listed, please contact PNC Bank for additional information.
There are some services that PNC Bank is unable to provide:
- Filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Tax advice and preparation
- Investment advice
- Retirement Planning
- Interacting directly with creditors or credit bureaus
BGSU has partnered with the National Endowment for Financial Education giving BGSU students access to financial education information specifically designed for college students.
National Student Loan Data System
Find out the status of your student loans, repayment and defernment options, and information regarding the federal aid you have received.
The Federal Government's website dedicated to helping Americans understand more about their money - how to save it, invest it, and manage it to meet their personal goals.
William D Ford. Federal Direct Loan Program
Students and parents can explore the site for information about the Direct Loan Program, including helpful publications and tools to help manage their Direct Loans.
Spending Plan (Excel)
This Spending Plan gives you the ability to track your income and daily expenses by category.
Spending Plan (Excel)
This Personal Monthly Spending Plan gives you the opportunity to track monthly income and expenses by category.
BGSU Student Financial Aid
This estimator provides an estimate of the financial assistance you may be eligible to receive for the upcoming academic year.
This link takes you to a number of college financing calculators designed to help you project your income as well as the expenses associated with attending a college or university.
This calculator allows you to see the true cost of paying only the minimum balance on your credit card.
FINRA.org - Financial
Industry Regulatory Authority
FINRA believes investor protection begins with education. Using the Internet, the media and public forums, we help investors build their financial knowledge and provide them with essential tools to better understand the markets and basic principles of saving and investing.