BGSU works hard to provide students with a variety of financial resources and payment options to meet their educational costs. As a special offer to transfer students, the Office of Admissions is providing the Transfer Opportunity Scholarship. Non-Ohio residents may also qualify for the BG Success Scholarship which provides one-half off the nonresident fee.
Transfer Opportunity Scholarship
A $2,000 renewable scholarship for incoming transfer students ($1,000 Fall semester/$1,000 Spring semester)
- Transfer applicants must have a cumulative college gpa (all college course work will be included) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and demonstrate financial need based on a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Scholarship is renewable for one additional academic year if terms and conditions are met. See below for details.
- Scholarship is available for new incoming transfer students from two and four year accredited institutions.
- Student must be enrolled full time at BGSU and complete a total of 30 semester hours in one academic year (fall, spring and summer terms included) to use the scholarship award.
- Scholarship may be available for incoming new spring semester transfer students if funds are available and other terms and conditions are met.
- Complete a total of 30 semester hours in one academic year.
- Earn a cumulative BGSU gpa of 3.0 or above.
- Must continue full time enrollment at BGSU. Scholarship may not be maintained if leave from school is taken.
- Continue to demonstrate financial need.
BG Success Scholarship
Renewable scholarship provides one-half off the nonresident fee currently valued at $3,654 per year ($1,827 Fall Semester/$1,827 Spring Semester). Awarded automatically for fall semester to students who meet the criteria.
- A non-Ohio resident.
- A transfer student must have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher.
- Must enroll on main campus (12 hours or more each term).