BGSU works hard to provide students with a variety of financial resources and payment options to meet their educational costs. As a special offer to transfer students, the Office of Admissions is providing the Transfer Opportunity Scholarship. Non-Ohio residents may also qualify for the BG Success Scholarship which provides one-half off the nonresident fee.
Transfer Opportunity Scholarship
A $2,000 renewable scholarship for incoming transfer students ($1,000 Fall semester/$1,000 Spring semester)
- Transfer applicants must have a cumulative college gpa (all college course work will be included) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need based on a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Scholarship is renewable for one additional academic year if terms and conditions are met. See below for details.
- Scholarship is available for new incoming transfer students from two and four year accredited institutions.
- Student must be enrolled full time at BGSU.
- Scholarship may be available for incoming new spring semester transfer students if funds are available and other terms and conditions are met.
- Deadlines: Fall applicants must apply by July 15 and spring applicants must apply by December 15 to be considered.
- Complete a total of 30 semester hours in one academic year (fall, spring and summer terms included).
- Earn a cumulative BGSU gpa of 3.0 or above.
- Must continue full time enrollment at BGSU. Scholarship may not be maintained if leave from school is taken.
- Continue to demonstrate financial need.
BG Success Scholarship
This renewable scholarship provides one-half off the nonresident fee and is currently valued at $3,768 per year ($1,884 fall semester / $1,884 spring semester). This scholarship is awarded automatically for fall semester to students who meet the criteria and apply by July 15. The deadline for students applying for spring semester is December 15.
- A non-Ohio resident.
- A transfer student must have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher.
- Must enroll on main campus (12 hours or more each term).